If you are ready to publish your Post but want to see if everything looks OK before publishing. It is very important to double-check your content before putting it Live on your website.
You can easily preview posts in WordPress and make corrections if you find any issues. In this article, we will show you how easily you can preview posts in WordPress.
When do you need to Preview Posts in WordPress?
When writing a blog post, you may want to add images, gallery, contact forms, give your content some styles, and want to know how your post is gonna look to your readers. This is the moment where Preview Posts in WordPress provides a great overview of your post without publishing it.
Let’s take a look at those simple steps to preview posts in WordPress.
Simple steps to Preview Posts in WordPress
- Open your WordPress dashboard and click on Posts >> All Posts.
- After clicking on All Posts, you will see a list of posts you have created. In my case, I will be previewing a post titled Preview Post.
- Hover around the post and find the Preview option as shown in the image above. Click on it. This is one way to preview your Post.
- Another way is to preview on the fly while creating your content.
- As shown in the image below, you can find the Preview option on the top right corner of the page, click on it to Preview.
- After clicking the Preview option, you will be prompted for which device you want to preview for. You can select and see how it performs on various devices. This is very important to make sure that your post works properly for all types of devices.
This was one of the major updates on WordPress Version 5.5.1. If you are still using the older version of WordPress, please update your website’s WordPress version. Find out how to update your WordPress safely.
That’s it, you have now learned about different ways you can preview your page to see how it looks and make adjustments accordingly. If you are happy with it and want to publish it, then click on the Publish button.
If you are just starting and don’t know how to publish a post, then please read our article on How to Publish Posts in WordPress.
If this article helped you to find out how you can preview posts in WordPress, then please let us know in the comment section below. It is the same steps to preview posts for WordPress default post types like Pages and Posts even though they have different purposes. Find out the difference between WordPress Post and Page.
You may also like some of our other articles too.